February Consultation Event: Your Response
The key points raised at the event were as follows:
• The traffic and road system dominated most people’s views with strong feelings about gridlocked traffic and access into the area. The proposed one-way system and improvements to surrounding roads was well received.
• Several residents raised concerns about the condition of the buildings at Horsefair/Blackwell Street and wondered whether the council could commit to renovating the area
• There were lots of concerns about a proposed Asda supermarket for the area. Some residents said they would move out of the area if it went ahead. Many felt it would lead to even more traffic congestion. There were strong feelings that Kidderminster shouldn’t become a ‘supermarket town’.
• The suggested crescent-shaped layout of the residential development area was well received with residents stressing the importance of the connections to the town and beyond.
• The Marina was also well received but raised concerns about tourism-related traffic and that the proposed changes to the road system needs to respond to this.
We would like to thank everyone who contributed to the consultation event and are continuing to develop the proposals with all the key points in mind. If you have anything further to add, please leave us a comment over on the Have Your Say page